Sonntag, 23. Januar 2011

Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss

Illamasqua is a British brand with an amazing color selection. Their slogan is "Make Up For Your Alter Ego" & they offer a wide collection of unusual bright, dark & overall interesting colors.

Recently they had a sale & I ordered 3 of their intense lipglosses in "Follow", "Perform" & "Drag":



Unfortunately my camera wasn't able to really capture the difference between them, but trust me, they are much more different IRL.



You can also go to their website where they offer fairly accurate swatches of most of their products.

Illamasqua's describtion of "Follow" is bright red pink, but I'd say it's more of a cherry red with pink undertones.
"Perform" is described as bright blood red & I totally agree with this.
According to Illamasqua "Drag" is bright flame orange. While I agree that it's definitely orange, I wouldn't say it's very bright (or maybe my expectations of bright are a little different because I'm used to wearing bright colors pretty often). 

The intense lipglosses are really intense, you only need little product to get an opaque result. I didn't notice any flavour, they're a little sticky, but not overly so. 
I'd describe them as pretty creamy, they feel comfortable on the lips & don't dry them out. They are rather glossy & make lips look full(er).
When they fade (after about 2 hours) they leave a stain on the lips. 
I can only recommend these glosses because as opposed to a lot of other brands, here intense really means that: They are intense & don't wear off too fast.

Last but not least I've a lip swatch of "Follow" for you:


10 Kommentare:

  1. I'm going to get the 'follow' colour. I love it :)

    Love, Vanilla

    http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Good choice :-) It really wears well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. love the colors!!

    thanx for checking out the band i posted about!
    i love dover's previous work!

    xx
    -pop-
    http://poppinseatspancakes.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Muchas gracias :-)
    Dover used to kick ass!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. oh the lip gloss is great and so bright!

    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. "follow" is the best. I will follow your blog ;)

    www.stylishmaniac.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wunderschöne und intensive Farben! Danke fürs Zeigen liebe Tabatha und einen guten Start in die neue Woche.

    Liebe Grüße.
    Britta

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Dankeschön, Britta :-) Knallig sind sie definitv, eher etwas für den hoffentlich bald kommenden Frühling.
    Ich wünsche Dir auch einen guten Wochenstart - liebe Grüße!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Was für schöne lippen du hast!

    LG

    http://bestylekosmetik.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen