Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Orly "Androgynie"

So I've heard lots of bad things about this polish & guess what: They're all true!
"Androgynie" looks stunning in the bottle. It's a black jelly with fine gold glitter, multicolored prismatic glitter particles as well as large multicolored hex glitter.
Doesn't that sound in fab...(at least in theory)?! 
So far, so good :-D


Well, now the bad news: 
The hex glitter particles don't make it out of the bottle! *duh* I'm not sure why that is. There are lots of them & they don't even sit at the bottom of the bottle or anything like that. Still they seem to be really shy & prefer to stay in the safety of their familiar bottle-home *lol*
I read thinning would help, but as the formula is already a bit on the runny side, I haven't tried it, yet. 
Instead I decided to layer "Androgynie" over a black base. As basecolor, I chose my favorite black of all time, Illamasqua "Boosh". It's opaque with one coat & simply the shiniest black I've ever seen.


Then I layered one coat of Orly "Androgynie" on top. The gold glitter shows up pretty well, but to get more of the lovely hex glitter particles to show up, I used a toothpick to apply a few more to my nails. It was a bit of work, but manageable.


*Please click to enlarge*




Even though I wish the formula was easier to work with & no "glitter-toothpick-ing" would be necessary, I've to say that I still like the polish. I don't have anything like it in my collection, so IMO it's worth the hassle.

10 Kommentare:

  1. Oh, wow, wie wunderschön! ♥♥♥

    Liebe Grüße, Moppi

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh mein Lack! Bist du wunderschön!! Ich will dich haben!
    WOW!
    *love*
    liebste grüße & einen schönen Abend noch!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Der Lack ist echt eine kleine Zicke, aber Du hast ihn dennoch super hinbekommen. Das Ergebnis sieht richtig klasse aus! :)

    Bei mir hat es geholfen, ihn ein paar Stunden auf den Kopf zu stellen. Ich hatte danach eher das Problem, dass er total dickflüssig war, weil der ganze Glitter komplett runter (bzw. hoch) gerutscht ist. Ich hab überlegt, dass es bei diesem Lack vielleicht das beste wäre, wenn man ihn schon einen Tag bevor man lackieren möchte, kopfstehend lagert. Das ist zwar ein bisschen umständlich, aber ich finde auch, dass er den extra Aufwand wert ist... :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi dear... finally u are back! I was missing your tutorials!beijoss

    htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I was so thrilled when I saw Androgynie in the bottle. I had such high hopes. There was sooooo much glitter stuck in the bottom and on the sides of the bottle though. I did a test nail and I got almost no glitter on my nails. I took an orange stick and stuck it in the bottle, stirring it vigorously, shaking it intermittently. I did another test nail after stirring - it helped quite a bit but it still didn't get me the dazzling results I'd hoped for. *sigh* This could have been a magnificently beautiful polish. I layered it over black too but I didn't place the hex glitters with a toothpick. I think I'll give that a try because you got it to look really pretty! Thanks for the tip! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. WOW, WOW, WOW - der Lack ist toll!!! *sabber*

    lg
    Liri

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. the bottle looks beautiful!i think it was a great idea using the black underneath because the result is perfect!
    too bad is a hassle because if you want to do it quick is not possible..

    AntwortenLöschen